
St John’s Hall Penhow (stjohnshallpenhow.co.uk)
St John’s Hall is situated behind a row of cottages on the A48. It is a beautiful stone building, built in 1913. It was renovated and extended in 1984 with the help of a grant from Newport Borough Council (NCC). Since 1984 it has been administered by a committee of volunteers drawn from all sections of the community.
During the intervening years, further improvements have been made, including double-glazing, heating, refurbished kitchen and a disabled toilet. A hearing loop system and a hand rail on the right-hand side of the drive assists access. The grounds have been landscaped for easy maintenance with seating provided.
The committee is always full of ideas for further improvements, taking great care to comply with current health and safety requirements.
The Hall is well used, having bookings for most days. Organisations currently making use of the Hall on a regular basis include:
Penhow Area Art Club, Penhow Community Council, Quiz evenings and Keep-fit groups.
The Hall is also open to bookings by occasional users (e.g. children’s parties, anniversary celebrations etc).
Rates charged have been kept at reasonable levels and if you would like to make a booking, please contact our Booking Secretary Mrs Linda Stephens on 01633 400888.


